Start/Finish is at Canadore College, 1 College Drive, Parry Sound
Registration opens at 6:30am each day, with opening discussion and ride at 7:30am.
- This ride is open to riders of all skill levels from first time riders to seasoned cyclists. It is not a race. It is about participating and helping make a difference in the lives of people and families affected by Parkinson’s.
- Pedaling for Parkinson’s is a fun charity ride, with the emphasis on “fun”. While cycling on the roads, we expect, and ask you, to follow the rules of the road to keep yourself and the other cyclists safe.
- There are not any formal pace groups. Riders go at their own speed and can form their own groups.
- Generally, the routes are on rolling hills with a few very short steep hills.
- Coffee/fruit/riding snacks will be available for sale each morning before the ride.
- There will be a limited amount of nutritional support.
- Please plan to bring your own nutrition. Also, carry some money as all routes will pass by stores/food places.
- We have placed an order for some very cool looking “Pedaling for Parkinson’s” jerseys. They can be obtained either by:
- 1) raising over $2000, or
- 2) purchased for $100 (proceeds going to the event).
- Our local sports store, Trysport, will be onsite each morning to provide last minute, small adjustments, and will have a few supplies available. During the ride, we hope to have a floater vehicle but please carry supplies so that you can change a flat.
- We have ordered sunny, cool, tailwinds. In the unlikely event of rain (fingers crossed), the ride will continue. The exception would be thunder/lightening storms. If it is raining, the long routes may be shortened for your safety.
- Volunteers do an incredible amount of work to enhance the success of the event. Please smile and thank them!