équipe/team POUR PAPA
“He who says he can and he who says he can’t are both usually right.” Confucius
Dear friends and family,
What does Parkinson’s disease mean to us?
-It means having a dad/husband who gets up at the sound of chirping birds (5am!) because he doesn’t want to miss out on his day – gardening, fishing, art to do!
-It means going to check on Luc when he takes off on a multi-hour kayak ride in whitecaps. He is further motivated by our concerns that this might be a risky venture.
-It means gourmet meals for dinner many evenings even though cutting an onion often takes an awfully long time.
-It means buying a small motor for his kayak “just in case” his meds don’t work, but being too stubborn to ever use it.
-It means living big every day -- in the present -- because tomorrow might be harder. He wants to never miss out.
It is that time of the year where the Câlin (Cafley-Poulin) family sets out on their annual adventure in order to raise money to find a cure and to support those living with Parkinson’s disease. Luc has battled fearlessly and courageously with this cruel disease over the past 16 years. This year, we are embarking on a kayak/canoe ride down the Rideau Canal in Ottawa.
As in years past, we would like to invite you to join us:
- With a financial donation to support research and support for those living with Parkinson’s by supporting our team, Pour Papa. Thank you so much in advance for your support. We appreciate it very much!
- Join the Pour Papa team for the kayak/canoe adventure by signing up as a team member here.
- On the day of Superwalk, Saturday, September 9th, our family is going to do a kayak/canoe ride down the Rideau Canal. There will be one small but mighty group (including Luc) leaving at 6am from Manotick, Ontario to do a challenging 25km kayak down the Rideau Canal to downtown Ottawa (estimated time of the ride by kayak is 8-9 hours).
- A less brave but equally fun group (including Julie, Zach and Théo) will leave at 10am from Hog’s Back for a paddle along the final 10km of the same route. In order to join us, please sign up as a team member on the Pour Papa site. We will confirm logistics and finer details closer to the date. (estimated time of the ride by kayak is 3-4 hours).
- For the day of September 9th, we will also need a few people to help us in transporting people and kayaks/canoes. Please let us know if you can help out in any way (driving people and/or kayaks and canoes, lending us a trailer, etc.) by responding to this message.
- Our rain date will be Sunday, September 10th.
Thank you in advance for your love and support, and for being such loyal supporters of a cause that affects us each and every day.
Merci d'avance pour votre aide! Nous espérons et croyons que la guérison est proche. Nous vous remercions de votre don pour soutenir la recherche qui fera de cet espoir une réalité!
Nous sommes très reconnaissants pour votre soutien continu!
Avec amour Théo, Zacharie, Julie & Luc XO
If you have any questions, please contact Parkinson Canada.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.