Mississauga Wilkinson Warriors
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Welcome to the Mississauga Wilkinson Warriors Team Page! Our goal as a team is to making a difference with those who are living with Parkinson’s by raising awareness; support; building friendships; and fundraising to find a cure!
The Mississauga Warriors Team started back in 2012, with 25 members that were all dedicated to making a difference for those living with Parkinson’s. Some of the team members are still with this amazing group today. The name changed when the members made a tribute to my father when he passed away in 2015. My family and I were honoured when the team name changed to the Mississauga Wilkinson Warriors, and glad that my mother welcomed the change before she passed that same year. This year I, Heather (Wilkinson) Kay took over the leadership as Team Captain.
We now have 52 members and have raised over 200 THOUSAND DOLLARS!
Over the years we have held a number of events including:
- Passion for Parkinson’s Annual Gala
- The Green Family host a Euchre event
- Billiard Night
- Pace Credit Union BBQ
- Canada Day Port Credit Parade
Our 2020 Vision:
This year we have realized how important connection is when it has been taken away so quickly from us because of COVID – 19. We want to make this year about connecting in other ways that make you feel safe, and comfortable. We have many fundraising ideas for this year that will be sent to you through email once you join the team. We will get our goal met by connecting with each other, even if it is virtually, and done in the comfort of our own homes. I will always keep you posted, and remember your health and safety will always be our top priority. We are looking forward to attract as many families and friends as we can to J.C. Saddington Park in Port Credit. Mark September 19th on your calendar!
For further information about this event, please email Tamara Boaden at: email@example.com
What Do We Want From YOU?
- We want to know if you are interested in participating in the Social Distance walk this year in Mississauga or if you would feel more comfortable doing a walk in your own neighbourhood? We want to support you in any way you feel comfortable.
- We would like you to send me your story. Why are you walking with us to find a cure? I would like to post your stories on Facebook and on Instagram.
- We would also like to have a picture of the person you are walking for and post it on this page. None of the people that we are walking for should be forgotten! All of our friends and family have made us the team that we are today!
- Let me know your fundraising ideas and help me, help you to raise the money!
To reach me personally, please contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for becoming part of our family!
Heather (Wilkinson) Kay
Click names to view pages