Our Parkinson Community Stands Together: No Matter What.
The 2020 realities of Covid-19 across Canada have made it clear that large scale, coordinated public gatherings cannot be hosted this September. The perseverance of the Parkinson Community has made it clearer still that we will not let obstacles stand in our way. It’s not where you walk. It’s why you walk. We walk together on the path to a world without Parkinson’s: No Matter What.
Here’s what you can expect this September:
- A unified, live national opening ceremony on at 11AM ET on Saturday, September 12.
- A Walk in a Box for each family, team and individual that requires one. Digital Tools are available to registered walkers now, and Physical Tools will be sent to those who request them.
- A celebration of the same collective impact across the country
SuperWalk: The Movement continues
- Staying active is the key to living well with Parkinson's and to a healthy lifestyle generally. This summer, you can participate in Parkinson Canada SuperWalk: The Movement, with a goal of encouraging 150 minutes of activity in whatever form that takes for you. Throughout the summer, participants like you have taken part in specific challenges with new activity resources to support this goal.
- A 100,000 step challenge for 100,000 Canadians living with Parkinson’s.
One thing that is constant in the journey with Parkinson's is change. Our community walk details are unclear at this time. We know that they will be changing. One thing we are certain that won’t change is that people affected by Parkinson’s still benefit from support, education, advocacy and guidance on how to navigate Parkinson’s, and research to one day prevent it.
Details coming soon