1-800-565-3000 Ext. 3427
SuperWalk Exercise ResourcesSuperWalk: The Movement
Monthly Campaign Goals and Resources
SuperWalk: Exercise Recordings
Live and Recorded Exercise Sessions
Our Parkinson Community Stands Together: No Matter What.
The 2020 realities of Covid-19 across Canada have made it clear that large scale, coordinated public gatherings cannot be hosted this September. The perseverance of the Parkinson Community has made it clearer still that we will not let obstacles stand in our way. It’s not where you walk. It’s why you walk. We walk together on the path to a world without Parkinson’s: No Matter What.
Here’s what you can expect this September:
- A unified, live national opening ceremony on at 11AM ET on Saturday, September 12.
- A Walk in a Box for each family, team and individual that requires one. Digital Tools are available to registered walkers now, and Physical Tools will be sent to those who request them.
- A celebration of the same collective impact across the country
SuperWalk: The Movement continues
- Staying active is the key to living well with Parkinson's and to a healthy lifestyle generally. This summer, you can participate in Parkinson Canada SuperWalk: The Movement, with a goal of encouraging 150 minutes of activity in whatever form that takes for you. Throughout the summer, participants like you have taken part in specific challenges with new activity resources to support this goal.
- A 100,000 step challenge for 100,000 Canadians living with Parkinson’s.
One thing that is constant in the journey with Parkinson's is change. Our community walk details are unclear at this time. We know that they will be changing. One thing we are certain that won’t change is that people affected by Parkinson’s still benefit from support, education, advocacy and guidance on how to navigate Parkinson’s, and research to one day prevent it.
A message from the Lanark North Leeds SuperWalk Committee:
Thanks you to everyone who has already registered for, donated to, or been a sponsor of SuperWalk 2020.
With new guidelines from Parkinson Canada, gatherings at Westport, Perth and Smiths Falls Town Halls (replacing the usual location at Conlon Farm in Perth) will not be held on Saturday, September 12th.
Instead: Walk on September 12th as an individual, with your family, or in your neighbourhood with a WALK IN A BOX kit.
Registrations and donations are down from 2019. This is sure to have an impact on the services, education, and research that are needed to support people with Parkinson's, and even find a cure.
Register today and gain access to your Walk in a Box kit. An online kit is available now. The kit has everything you need to celebrate SuperWalk safely with your "bubble". It includes iron-on transfers to make your own t-shirts and swag, a banner, bandanas, and stickers. AND - the first 20 people who register and raise $100 in Lanark North Leeds will receive a SuperWalk Mask. We can even help you to register!
To register or donate visit: donate.parkinson.ca/lanark
The National Virtual Opening Ceremony will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, September 12th and can be viewed on all the online channels.
For further information on Lanark North Leeds SuperWalk, contact:
Pat Evans: email@example.com
Gayle Truman: firstname.lastname@example.org